Mama Diaries

Friday, April 30, 2010

Caterpillar Crossing

This afternoon I took my little guy for a stroller ride around the neighborhood. We always find something interesting to look at along the way. Today it was a caterpillar. It was inching its way across the sidewalk in a leisurely manner. My son spotted it and requested that we stop to befriend it. He squatted down and began talking to it. After a few minutes, he felt they were acquainted enough for it to be acceptable to pick the caterpillar up. So he did. He giggled as the caterpillar crawled up his arm. "It tickles!" he said laughing.

After a few minutes, I told him it was time for the caterpillar to be on its way. Reluctantly, my son put the caterpillar back down on the sidewalk. We watched it crawl slowly toward the grass.

"Bye bye, caterpillar," my son said. "See you next time!"

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm impressed! How do you find the time to write in your blog every day -- and make it good, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just make it a habit. It's a good way to practice writing - and it's fun too!

    ReplyDelete