Mama Diaries

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Fuzzy Friends

Here in Ohio, it's that time of year when the cottonwood trees start shedding their seeds. Fuzzy little white puffs float through the sky on a gentle breeze. Sounds lovely, doesn't it? Well, it's not because I'm allergic to them! My eyes get all red and itchy, and I start sneezing, even with the prescription allergy medication I take.

So today I was outside with my son. He was chasing these little white puffs. I really wasn't paying much attention, until he came over to me with a request: "Uppies," he said. Translation: Pick me up! So I did. Unfortunately, I did not see he had one of those fuzzies on his finger, and he was aiming to shove it right up my nose.

"Hey, cut it out!" I said, quickly putting him back on the ground. 'You wouldn't like it if I put one of those up your nose!"

"Yes I would! Fuzzy friends like noses!" was the reply.

Um, right. If he was sitting here, like I am, with a swollen eyeball that's itching very badly, he would be singing a different tune!

No comments:

Post a Comment