Mama Diaries

Friday, May 14, 2010

Stinky Feet

Today my son and I went for a little walk down the bike trail at a local park. It was fun, but my son and I aren't ones to stay on the beaten path for long. We decided to "offroad" it. Into the underbrush we went, exploring the trail less taken. We trudged through mud. Tall, wet plants whipped at our legs. We felt a real sense of adventure.

Finally we made our way back to the regular bike trail and meandered our way back to the car. After we had gotten in, I noticed a terrible smell.

"What's that?" I asked.

"It smells like poop!" my son answered.

Sure enough, it was poop. Apparently I had stepped in some animal's waste products. I guess sometimes there's a price to pay when you wander off the beaten trail.

1 comment:

  1. The prospect of stinky feet and smelly underarms is a good price to pay for a ride through nature. It's never fun cleaning off the 'residue' from your shoes, but I do love the outdoors. Glad to see you and your son enjoy the same.

    David

    ReplyDelete