Mama Diaries

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Strawberry Pie

It seems we have a bit of a food theme going on this week. Here's today's food story: My daughter wanted some dessert after lunch. I happened to be busy, and didn't feel like taking the time to make a dessert, so I said, "Go make a strawberry pie."

She looked at me like I was nuts. She knew the pie I had made about a week ago required a lot of work, and the use of the oven and stove. Had I lost my marbles (well, yes, but that's another story)?

Fortunately, I had gone to the grocery store and bought one of those Keebler Graham Cracker crusts, and some of that strawberry gel stuff you can mix with strawberries to make a pie.

"Take the stems off of the strawberries, mix them with this gel in a bowl, and top with whipped cream. It's a piece of cake. (Um, pie.)"

So my daughter hauled the strawberries, mixed them up, poured them in the crust, and topped it all with whipped cream. She was very proud of herself, and had to call her grandmother to tell her.

I smiled. It's good to have one independent kid who doesn't need me 24/7!

No comments:

Post a Comment