Mama Diaries

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Worst Cook in America

And the award goes to.....ME! Why? Well, let me tell you my story.

I pulled out some chicken from the freezer. By late afternoon I was ready to prepare it for dinner. I fired up the grill. I seasoned that chicken with my special grilling seasoning. Then I slapped that chicken onto the hot grill.

About ten minutes later, I called my family to the dinner table.

"What are we having?" they asked.

"Chicken."

I cut up the chicken for my kids. It didn't look like it was quite done. So I put it in the microwave for a couple of minutes. When I pulled it out, it looked done.

I put it on their plates. "This doesn't taste very good, " they said.

"Put some barbecue sauce on it," was my reply.

I tasted it. "Yuck!" I thought.

"Honey," my husband said, "This isn't chicken. This is high-quality tuna that cost over ten dollars per fillet."

Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment