Mama Diaries

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Octopus Heads

Today was my son's first day of kindergarten. (Now you may be wondering what that has to do with octopus heads. Here's what it has to do with octopus heads:) As a special treat for the special day, I took the little guy to the sushi counter at the local grocery store. Sushi is one of his favorite foods. I think he must have inherited the sushi gene from my husband.

The little man stood peering at the assortment of tuna and shrimp and other odd looking delicacies. Then his little eyeballs rested on the baby octopus container. "I want this," he exclaimed.

"That's disgusting!" I said as I examined the brown creatures. "Their heads are still on!"

"Cool!" my son said.

"Can't you choose a California roll, or something more palatable?"

"Nope, I want the baby octopuses."

My son actually enjoyed eating those digusting things. Then my husband came home. He had to have some too. I thought I was going to be sick! Who would kill baby octopi anyway? There should be a law against that!

No comments:

Post a Comment