Mama Diaries

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Stupid Mama

I know, "stupid" isn't a nice word. But I was definitely stupid.

Most people, when they are not feeling good, stay home and do absolutely nothing. Me? I run around like a maniac, just because I have so much to do.

So today, I went to the store to get fruit for the school Valentine's Day party. Then I went to the school to drop it off. I didn't stay, because I didn't want to contaminate the kids (okay, so that was a little smart). Then I had to go to the post office to mail books to reviewers who are going to be blogging about my works as part of my month-long book tour that's coming up. Then I had to get a Valentine's Day present for my husband (I couldn't not do that, right?). Then I had to put a roast in the slow cooker (my family has to eat, right?). Then I made a cake (for Valentine's Day, of course). Then I had to pick up my son. Then he said, "Mama, I want to ride around the block on my scooter."

"You can't do that by yourself."

"Will you come with me?"

So then I pretty much ran around the block with my kid.

Now I'm sitting here, feeling like I'm absolutely going to die. My ears are ringing loudly, my body is aching, and I just want to go to bed.

I'm just so stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment