Mama Diaries

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hungry Boy

Today we spent a ridiculous amount of time at the doctor's office. My daughter had stepped on a nail in the creek, so we had to have that checked. That's another story in itself. Anyway, all that sitting around in the doctor's office made my son hungry. On our way out, the boy spotted a vending machine. "Mommy," he said. "I'm hungry. Can I please have something from the machine?" We walked over to take a look. "Sorry kid, I don't have any money for that," I said. My son looked around. He spotted the fountain in which people threw coins. "How much does it cost?" he asked. "Eighty cents." "Then just take eighty pennies from the fountain, and you'll have enough."

2 comments:

  1. Ha, that's great--like it's a change bowl at the check-out counter for people who need a penny or two! ;o) Have a great week, and best wishes with your book, Sherry!

    ReplyDelete