Mama Diaries

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Racing the Clock

Have you ever had one of those days where you zoom non-stop from morning until night?  That was my day.  I awoke at the crack of dawn (5:30 AM) to take my husband to the hospital for minor surgery.  The goal was to get my kids to school on time.  Well, the place we were told to go, was not the place we had to be.  When we arrived at the doctor's office they told us to go to another place which was thirty minutes away. 

"But, the sheet gave us this address," my husband said.

"The sheet is wrong.  You should've read the other sheet in your package.  That has the correct address."

Grrrr.  Why was this our fault?

So we zoomed to the next place in the middle of Cincinnati rush hour traffic.  We were of course, twenty minutes late.

I called the school to tell them my kids would be tardy.  As soon as I dropped off my husband, I raced down the highways back to the school.  Somehow we made it with only a minute to spare.

The rest of the day went the same way.  I had doctor appointments for my daughter.  I raced to get home so I could teach lessons.  Then I had to race to take my daughter to dance lessons, because my husband couldn't drive her.  Then I had to race to teach some more.  Then I had to race to pick her up from the dance studio before the studio closed.

Man, I'm tired!  Too much racing around!       

No comments:

Post a Comment