Mama Diaries

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Hair Goop

It's that time of year when the dancers at the dance studio prepare for their showcase performances.  Do you know what that means?  It means moms have to plaster their kid's hair into unnatural styles and cake way too much makeup on their kid's faces.

This evening my daughter got out her big green tube of hair gel.  "Here, Mom, I need you to do my hair."

"What's the style?"

"A side pony tale with a right part."  Of course that's the exact opposite of her natural part. 

I brushed her hair.  I sprayed her hair.  I put her hair in a side pony tale and pinned it in place.  Then the goop came out.  We slicked back her bangs.  We tamed the wisps.  Then we sprayed it all in place.  Her hair was like a cement slab when we were done.  And my hands were a sticky mess.

I love hair goop!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it will be as much fun washing the goop out of the hair, as it is putting it in.

    ReplyDelete