Mama Diaries

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Handy Mom

Lately, I've been doing a lot of home maintenance.  Not the usual washing laundry and cleaning dishes, but the kind that requires the use of ladders and tools.  Yesterday I was hauling ladders around the house.

"Yeah, woman.  That's what I like to see," my husband said. 

Today I decided to tackle putting together the fussball table.  It had been sitting on my basement floor for months waiting for my husband to do the job.  I finally got tired of waiting.  I went to the tool box and pulled out my husband's huge socket wrench set.  I pulled out another wrench and headed downstairs.

It took me a while to figure out which size socket I needed.  It took me a little more time to figure out how the socket wrench actually worked (I didn't realize there was a gizmo to flip on it when I wanted to reverse the wrenching process.).  Then it took me a little time to coordinate using one wrench to hold the bolt and the other to tighten it.  Anyway, the fussball table is now standing on its sturdy legs.  (I even flipped that thing right-side up by myself.)

I think even my husband will be proud of me. (Hopefully he won't get any ideas to have me do all the home repairs now!)

No comments:

Post a Comment