Mama Diaries

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Escaped Dog

Yep.  The dog did it again.  I'm not sure what happened, but I think my husband opened the backyard gate to pet our German Shepherd, and the dog bolted.  He ran our of our yard and around one neighbor's yard.  Then he ran into our other neighbor's yard.  Then he took off into the woods and disappeared.

I was in the house when all of this happened.

My husband came in.  "The dog is gone." 

(Quite frankly, I didn't know if I should be happy or sad.)

"You guard our yard, and I'll get the truck and look for him."  Then my husband took off into the dusk.  Yes, it was starting to get dark.  Wonderful timing!

About 15 minutes later, my husband came back.  "Do you have the dog?"

"Nope."

"I'll go out one more time."  Things did not look good.

Ten minutes later a red pickup truck pulled into our cul-de-sac.  Three rough-looking men were piled in the back. 

"You missin a dawg?"

'"Why,yes."

"We have him chained up.  Can we cut through them there woods?"

"Uh...well, I guess the neighbors won't mind."

We cut through them there woods, crossed that there street, and made our way into the backyard of who knows who. 

"We was worried, cuz that there is a big dawg.  But he's a wuss."  Yeah, I know.  

So  there was the dog.  Panting away, looking guilty as sin.  My husband arrived on the scene and we hauled the beast home.

Boy, did he get in trouble!  I don't think he'll be trying that stunt any time soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment