Mama Diaries

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Guessing Game

My kids and I were at the doctor's office, waiting.  You know how that goes.  My seven-year-old son decided to do something constructive to pass the time.  He found some pails and miscellaneous objects in a toy bin.

"Mommy, guess which pail has the bobble head under it."  He switched the pails around.

"That one," I said when he was done.

"No fair!  You cheated."

"How did I cheat?"

"I don't know.  Close your eyes."

He did his thing, but I heard some interesting shuffling sounds.  I knew he was up to something.

"Okay, open your eyes.  Which one?"

"None of them," I said. 

"Hey!  You cheated!" 

"No I didn't.  I heard you move something by the plant over there.  You didn't say I had to block my ears!"

"Close your eyes and block your ears."

I did.

"Now which one?"

I guessed correctly.

"Cheater!"

"Nope.  I'm just good!"

No comments:

Post a Comment