Mama Diaries

Monday, October 3, 2011

Halloween Costumes

It's that time  of year when I have to hunt for Halloween costumes for my kids.  They have been bugging me.

"Mom, I want to look for a costume," my daughter said. 

"Okay.  What do you want to be?"

"I don't know."

"That helps.  All right.  Let's go on a search."

My son, daughter, and I hopped into the car and made our way to the mall where Halloween Express set up shop.

"Look at all these cool costumes!" my son said.  "Can I be all of these?"

"Uh, no.  One is enough."

He settled on a soldier costume.  Of course he had to get the big old gun to go with it.

It was  a little more challenging to find my daughter's costume.  She finally found a tween Alice in Wonderland costume.

We drove home.  My son immediatly put on his costume and went outside.

"Dude, it's not Halloween yet.  Trick or treating is in another couple of weeks."

"But I'm in my costume.  I'm going to trick everyone into giving me candy."

No comments:

Post a Comment