Mama Diaries

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Love in the Air

I don't know what it is with the single guys in my family.  Yesterday my son was going gaga over a cashier.  Today it's my dog.

I was taking the beast for a walk, when a lovely young female golden retriever trotted by on the other side of the street.  My German Shepherd looked.  Then he looked again.  He couldn't take his eyes of the pretty little girl.

"Goofball, watch where you're going," I said.

Next thing I knew, he had walked right into a prickly holly bush.

Boy, did he yipe.

The golden retriever looked, stuck her little nose in the air, and pranced away.

"Nice going, Buster." 

He looked at me with sad brown eyes. 

"Next time, keep your eyes on the road.  You'll make a better first impression."   

No comments:

Post a Comment