Mama Diaries

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Bacon and Pickles

I took my kids to Subway for lunch today.  I like that place because we can usually create something healthy.  Usually.  Today was the exception.

"Mama, I want to tell them what I want," my seven-year-old son said.

"Okay."  I didn't think he'd come up with anything too outrageous.

"I'll take a six-inch Italian with bacon and American cheese, toasted," my big guy said to the worker behind the counter.

I made a face.  "Bacon and American cheese?"

"Yeah.  It'll be good!"

"What would you like on that?" the worker asked.

"Cucumbers, lettuce, and pickles."

"Pickles?"  I asked.  "Are you sure?  That doesn't sound very appetizing."

"Pickles."

I sighed. 

The lady sitting at the table next to us laughed.  "Yeah, my son ordered a ketchup, mustard, and salami sandwich.  He thought it was great!"

I shook my head as I watched my son gobble his concoction.  And the funny thing is, if I would have made that at home, he would have spit it out and thrown it in the garbage.  Maybe.

 

1 comment:

  1. LOL, that was cute. I used to like radish and steak sauce sandwiches when I was a kid.

    On the news this morning they were talking about a couple of the subs being $2.00 the month of December. I think it was the meatball sub and the lunchmeat sub. Planning on telling my guys about it.

    ReplyDelete