Mama Diaries

Friday, December 9, 2011

Cookie Monsters

It's that time of year when I bake a lot of cookies.  I give a lot away to family and friends during the holidays.

Today, I was getting ready to make another tray of cookies for a party.  I opened a tupperware container that supposedly had a lot of chocolate chip cookies.  Guess how many cookies were in there?  Three.

I walked into the office where my husband was sitting.  I had the container in my hands.  "Why are there only three cookies in here?"

"I didn't do it." 

"Then who did?"

He shrugged.  "The kids?"

"I thought you guys told me you were going to have a little self discipline this year.  That's why I didn't hide the cookies.  Now I have to bake a whole new batch, on top of all the other cookies I have to bake!"

My husband got up and grabbed the last three cookies from the container.  "Well, in that case, I'll just eat these so you have more room in the container for the new ones." He shoved them into his mouth.

I'm definitely hiding the cookies next year!

1 comment: