Mama Diaries

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Milk Dudding the Tooth

Okay, well, I'm not sure that "milk dudding" is a word, but I don't know what else to call it. So I'm using a little artistic license here.

My daughter has had this loose tooth that refuses to come out.  Normally, I'd say, who cares.  It'll come out when it's ready.  But this one is causing some trouble because the adult tooth has already come in, in front of it.

My husband took a look at it.  In his manly style, he said, "Just yank it out and quit being a drama queen!"

"But, Daddy, I tried."

"Try harder."

It didn't work.  My husband threatened to send her to the dentist to get it pulled.

"No!" she cried.  Then she turned to me.  "Mama, can you get me some Milk Duds?  I know those will work."

I made a face at her.  "Seriously?"

"Please, Mom.  I don't want to go to the dentist!"

I sighed.  "Come on.  Let's go find some."

So now she's in the bathroom, chewing on Milk Duds, trying to get that darn tooth out.  So far, no luck.  Stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. I hope that worked! One time I just had to sneak up on one of my daughters and ask to wiggle the tooth in question. I gave a big yank instead. Bad mommy! But it came out. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No luck. She's consumed a half a carton of those caramel candies. I guess we're going to have to visit the dentist.

    -Sherry

    ReplyDelete