Mama Diaries

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Wrapping Presents Doggy Style

Tis the season for wrapping Christmas presents.  Usually I do this job in the basement, away from all furry creatures that could reek havock on the operation.  This year, I decided to wrap some presents on the kitchen table.  Let's just say that this went about as well as me not hiding the Christmas cookies from my family.

My giant bundle of trouble, AKA a German Shepherd named Schultz, decided he would like to help.  The beast easily gets his head over the top of table just by standing normally.  He's about as tall as me when he stands on his hind legs.  The point is, it's very easy for him to grab anything he wants that might be sitting on top of that table.

He watched me intently as I wrapped the presents.

"Schultz, don't even think about doing anything stupid."

He thought about doing something stupid.  He jumped up and grabbed a roll of wrapping paper. 

"Drop it!" I ordered.

He complied, but the paper was all slobbery.

"Oh well,"  I thought. "Nobody will mind a little drool with their gift."

Once I wrapped the presents, Schultz had to give them a good sniff.  Then he gave them his seal of approval with his big pink tongue.

So if anyone gets a suspect present from me, you'll know exactly what happened.

Ho Ho Ho.

No comments:

Post a Comment