Mama Diaries

Friday, January 27, 2012

Batting the Garage Door Open

When I walked out into the garage this morning, I noticed a baseball bat lying on the floor.

"Why is there a baseball bat in the middle of the garage?" I asked my seven-year-old son.

"I was trying to open the garage door."

"With a baseball bat?" 

"Yeah."

"What were you going to do?  Beat the door open?"  I couldn't believe he'd try to bust through a metal garage door.

"No, Mom, that's silly," my son said.  "I used it to reach the button.  I pressed the garage door opener with it."

Oh.  I guess I should give my kid more credit.  He's actually pretty inventive!     

1 comment:

  1. I tried to open my garage the other day with my van. I didn't realize it until I'd hit it, but fortunately I was easing out slowly enough that I didn't do too much damage. I really need to pay more attention to things.

    Smart boy you got there.

    Lee
    Wrote By Rote

    ReplyDelete