Mama Diaries

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Don't Eat the Salmon!

Today I thought I'd make a nice salmon with dijon sauce.  I gathered the ingredients and started mixing. Except I ran out of mustard.  I looked through the refrigerator and found another jar.  I added that to the mix and spooned the stuff over the salmon.

Then my nose kicked into action.  This stuff doesn't smell quite right, I thought.  Then I tried a bit from the spoon.  Oh my gosh!  This stuff is awful!  I wondered what the heck could be wrong.  That's when I decided to check the expiration date on the mustard jar.

That was the problem.  It expired six months ago.  So I washed off the salmon and seasoned it with something else so my family wouldn't die.

So ladies and gentlemen, if I suddenly stop blogging, you'll know I died from mustard poisoning.

10 comments:

  1. At least you realized it BEFORE you fed it to your family :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I would've felt really bad if they had gotten sick from it!

      Delete
  2. Yeah good catch, hopefully no dead ensues that is never a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Dying from mustard poisoning would have been a real bummer!

      Delete
  3. Since you were so quick, at least you sacrificed yourself to save your family :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurray for your two senses - smelling and tasting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I know why God gave us those senses - to prevent us from ingesting poisoned food!

      Delete
  5. Hope you didn't get sick.

    I periodically go through and look at all the dates on any jars/bottles that don't get used very often because I worry about something going bad.

    ReplyDelete