Mama Diaries

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Party On!

My son was invited to one of his buddy's birthday party.  Since he lives nearby, we sent our boy off to walk to the party. "Come home as soon as it's done," my husband and I instructed.

Meanwhile, I had to take my daughter somewhere.  On our way out the door, I reminded my husband of when the party would be over.  "Uh, huh," he answered as he plunked away on the computer. "He can walk home."

I had a feeling this would be interesting.

When my daughter and I returned, it was late.  My son was home, grinning ear to ear.

"Did you have fun at the party?" I asked.

"Yeah," he said.  "Guess how long I was there?"

Uh oh.  "Um, how long?"

"Five hours!"

"Seriously?  You were there five hours?"

"Yeah.  Everybody was!"

Oh my gosh.  That poor mom!  A house full of seven and eight year old boys for five hours!  All I can say, is better her than me!  (I found out she didn't mind.  It was like a giant playdate.  Thank God! I was feeling pretty bad about it!)  

4 comments:

  1. yep, i have play dates every day, with 8 and 9 year olds..... in the classroom!

    cute tale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha five hours, that must have been fun, at least for the kids..haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids had a great time, but I'm sure the parents were glad when that party was over!

      Delete