Mama Diaries

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Hauling Mama Up the Stairs

Last night, my husband got the brilliant idea to try to carry our eleven-year-old daughter up to her room. 

"No, daddy!" she screamed, and promptly ran out of the room before my husband could catch her. 

"Well, I know somebody else I can carry up the stairs."  He looked at me.

I looked at him.  "Don't even think about it!"

He thought about it.  Next thing I knew, I was over his shoulder, my head facing down and my tush facing up. 

"Oh my God!" I cried.  "Pleeeeeeease don't drop me!!!!!"   

Meanwhile, my kids thought that was the greatest thing ever.   "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy!" they chanted as he carried me across the house, up the stairs.

My life flashed before my eyes.  I could just see the headlines:  "Mom Killed after Crazed Husband Drops Her on Her Head ."

Somehow he managed to carry me all the way up stairs.  He put me down.  I gave him my best glare, (which was difficult, because it was actually kind of funny).  "You know, I just got rid of my swollen duck bill lip.  What were you trying to do?  Give me a goose egg on my head?"

My husband grinned.  "Aw, come on.  I wouldn't have dropped you.  I could've carried both you and your piano up the stairs."

Yeah, right.    

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I think my husband like impressing me with how strong he is. :)

      Delete
  2. haha you're just helping him workout, oh and the duck bill lip comment may come back to haunt you one day at the cat's haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet! And your kids will always remember that, with much love and fondness! I've read the best thing a man can do for his children is to love their mother :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter must have been quicker than you...she got out of the way (-:
    Cute story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *LOL* Your daughter is fast. Just sick Schultz on him next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If Schultz was in the house, I'm sure he would've saved me. LOL!

      Delete
  6. That's so funny! You must be light as a feather. If my husband tried that, he'd be curled over with hernias.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Well, I am rather light, but my husband is also very strong.

      Delete
  7. Lovely post, took me back to when my late husband used to do things similar with our children. Have fun.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yvonne! I tried visiting your blog, but it seems to have disappeared. Glad you stopped by my pad!

      Delete
  8. That's so sweet! My husband insists on throwing me over his shoulder at times, I think it makes them feel manly :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd like to see him carry you AND the piano. How amusing.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you'd like to see it, but I most definitely wouldn't want to try it!

      Delete
  10. So sweet..man carrying the wife like newlyweds. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Come to think of it, I don't even remember him carrying me over the threshhold when we were newlyweds. Maybe he's making up for it. ;0)

      Delete