Mama Diaries

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Busy Man




First of all, I'm going to explain the blog blitz thing that has been sitting on my side bar.  I know you're all just dying to know what it is!  DL Hammons   came up with this really cool idea to "blitz" one lucky blogger once a week.  What the heck does that mean?  It means that on the chosen day, all bloggers who are on the blog blitz list will visit that special person and leave a comment on that person's most recent post.  That's potentially hundreds of comments.  Pretty cool, huh?  Everyone on the list will have a chance to be blitzed.  If you want to participate, hop over to DL Hammons' blog and sign up!  

Today's lucky person is PK Hrezo, so stop by and leave her a comment!



Okay.  Now for the story.

"Mama," my eight year old son said.  "I'm really busy at night."

I tried  to surpress a laugh.  "Oh yeah? Doing what?"

"Well, I roll up my pajama pant legs.  And then I knock my blankets off.  But I wish I wouldn't do that, because I like my blankets on the bed."

I nodded.  "Uh, huh.  Anything else?"

"Yeah.  I talk and sometimes I get up and walk around."

"While you're asleep?" 

"No. While I'm half asleep." 

I looked at that boy. "Why don't you just stay in bed and be totally sleep?"

"Because sleep is boring!"

  

35 comments:

  1. Too funny! I might have said this before, but living in your house sounds like so much fun. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a trip and a half. You should come by someday and see how crazy it is!

      Delete
  2. How you cheer me up reading your posts, keep them coming.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, he does have a good point! And the Blog Blitz sounds like fun~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I hope you continue blogging for years. I want to hear about Bubba's first date, Bubba learning to drive a car, everything Bubba.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm shuddering at the thought of Bubba learning to drive a car. That's a big oy gewalt!

      Delete
    2. I taught my kids to drive before they went to driver's ed. It wasn't that bad. One time, though, I made Favorite Young Man pull over and let me drive because he was changing lanes without looking for cars. Now he can outdrive me with both eyes closed and no hands on the steering wheel.

      Delete
  5. how sweet! and logical!

    and pk got bombarded! yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think PK was at 179 comments last I checked. She's going to have fun digging out of those! ;)

      Delete
  6. *LOL* I think my little guy feels the same way. He's always fighting sleep too.

    Yay for the Blog Blitz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why is it that kids don't want to sleep, and grown ups do? Oh - maybe grown ups have to catch up on all the sleep they missed as kids! :o)

      Delete
  7. I can relate to your son! I rarely ever want to go to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I want to go to sleep, but I don't have time to do it!

      Delete
  8. LOL yeah so much to do, can't be bored with sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  9. he's so cute!

    Already stopped by PK's blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just stopped by her blog! loved her comment about knowing how a day in Alex J. Cavanaugh's life feels like!

      Delete
  10. That's a cute story and I love how kids talk. They crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! He's right, though: sleep is boring. XD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol! Sleeping is boring! He is true!

    ~Nas~

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL. Wait until he gets older. I bet his thoughts on sleeping will change. : )

    Pk had a LOT of visitors to her blog. Yea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He'll probably want to sleep all day, and I won't be able to get him out of bed!

      Yes, yay for PK!

      Delete
  14. haha that's what he thinks now--wait until he is old, he will love sleep----

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's hard to believe! I'm thinking the kid came without an "off" button!

      Delete
  15. I love reading about little events in your life, Sherry. The children are so funny and most imaginative as well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing about the Blog Blitz, Sherry. I joined the group so I'll enjoy reading everyone's blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! Maybe you'll get some new followers on your blog, too!

      Delete
  17. Hi Sherry,
    Yup, I know it's already April 4th and you posted this on March 27th. Better late than never.
    Any hoo, Bubba cracks me up.
    I'm going over now to check the Blog Blitz.
    Thanks,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete