Mama Diaries

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Cat Drama

We had a little excitement at my pad yesterday. It involved some cats and some dogs.  I bet you can't guess which ones.

I looked out my front window and noticed an unfamiliar cat sitting on my front porch.  I opened the door, thinking the cat would get scared and run off, because you know how scary I can be!  But no.  That cat thought he was going to walk into my house and make himself at home.

"Excuse me," I said.  "This isn't your house.  And Bootsy is going to get a little upset that you're here."  (Bootsy is my cat, in case you didn't know.)

As soon as I had uttered those words, Bootsy showed up.  As promised, he was not happy.  His panties were all in a bunch upon seeing the visitor.  He arched his back and hissed.  The other cat reciprocated.  Bootsy charged.  The cat ran off - right into the backyard where Schultz was patrolling. (Schultz is our German Shepherd.) Schultz went nuts when he saw the new cat!  He went into full chase mode, barking his head off.  He chased the cat into our neighbor's yard -where two more dogs awaited.  One of which is the infamous cat killer!

I have never seen a cat move so fast!  Somehow, he managed to escape the manic beasts.  He ran as fast as he could across the street, behind some houses, never to be seen again.

Afterwards, the dogs wagged their tails and Bootsy sat in the driveway, calmly licking his paws.  Well done, boys!   

25 comments:

  1. Whoa! Lots of excitement at your house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one shall enter, sure don't need a sign at your place

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful to read Sherry, my cat and dog when alive used to protect one another,

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How nice! Usually my dog wants to eat the cat. ;)

      Delete
  4. His panties were all in a bunch? Is that a fact? I'm sure you've seen the last of that intruder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! You should have seen those panties! They were most definitely in a bunch!

      Delete
  5. Bootsy is a boy??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Bootsy is a boy. We have only one female pet in the house. Sometimes I think there's too much testosterone here! :)

      Delete
  6. Wow, not a very warm welcome for a wandering cat, huh? Or perhaps it was actually too warm - especially when he want from your yard into the neighbor's. From the frying pan into the fire. Well, I'm glad he got away to wander again another day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I really did not want to clean up another cat carcass!

      Delete
  7. I'm sure they all felt they had done a very good job of protecting you and the house!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Somewhere out there, is a highly traumatized cat curled up in the fetal position. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of excitement! We have a neighbor cat who thinks it's okay to walk into our house sometimes. Just crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's definitely like a chase scene from an action flick (Ok, I have been watching too much action films this weekend when the husband complained he has seen way too many girly girl movies). That was a great team work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. In other words, it enables you to carry on working when not connected to the internet, a feature being introduced in the next
    few weeks. The result is a battery life expectancy of around 8.
    Properly, it has every little thing to try and do with on the web storage.


    My webpage samsung chromebook

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think they did great! If they also chase away intruders in the same way would be great too! They do deserve extra hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder how they'd treat an intruder. They'd probably lick him to death!

      Delete
  13. Whoa, you weren't kidding about the drama! I highly doubt that cat will be returning anytime soon... XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That cat would be pretty dumb to show up at my door again!

      Delete