Mama Diaries

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Kid Magnet

A few snow flakes have fallen in Georgia. This has caused a state of emergency in which schools and businesses have closed.  My kids have been out for a few days.  And you know what that means:  Mama gets pestered with the inevitable, "Mom, I'm bored!"

So, yesterday, we came up with the brilliant idea to make brownies. My daughter did most of the baking.  Soon the house smelled like chocolaty brownies.  I went upstairs to fold laundry while the brownies finished baking.  About ten minutes later, I heard a lot of voices. . . and they weren't ones I  recognized.

I went downstairs to see what was going on.  You wouldn't believe what was in my kitchen. Six kids! "Where did you come from?" I asked.

One of them grinned.  "We heard you were making brownies, and wanted wanted to try some!"

Oh.  Apparently word travels fast in my neighborhood!

So, ladies and gentlemen, if you want a house full of kids, just bake brownies.


44 comments:

  1. Bubba did a Facebook invite (lol).

    Hi Sherry, I posted the surprise on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't tell anyone because I would want the brownies all to myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I would never get away with keeping them a secret!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Kids probably aren't stealthy enough for the Ninja's pad!

      Delete
  4. LOL. Your kitchen is the hot spot on the block!

    ReplyDelete
  5. or not bake brownies and not have a house full of kids. I prefer this one, but I'm old and grouchy, so.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's funny how schools and business get closes in USA when the snow falls... We've never in my whole life had closed schools ... no snow, no rain, no storms, not even during bombings ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pathetic down here in the south. We rarely closed schools in Cleveland.

      Delete
  7. What fun! Hmmm...brownies are magnets for kids!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun for your children, snow and brownies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Be aware very soon all the neighborhood kids would know your secrets!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thankfully I don't eat brownies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. smells travel faster, especially chocolate smells!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Who can resist brownies? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. No, thank you. I don't mean the brownies. I mean the kids. My days of having a wad of kids in my house are over.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how cute! Kids flocking into your kitchen from the smell of brownies. I'm impressed that your daughter did most of the baking, too. I always make a mess when I bake (or used to bake).

    ReplyDelete
  15. And mam did you share the brownies among all the children after baking. Looks you are having wondeful time with your kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course. In fact, I only got a teeny tiny piece.

      Delete
  16. Sounds like loads of FUN!
    Was Bubba the cheerleader of the Brownie Gang?

    ReplyDelete
  17. So when a kid goes missing, make some brownies. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think the kids followed the scent of brownies. That's so sweet of her to bake..sounds fun.😊

    ReplyDelete